For over a decade, Diana has taught Consent Education and Sexual Assault Prevention, primarily on college campuses.
Diana teaches regularly at Yale College to their Consent and Communication peer educators, and in classes on Sexual Violence in the Gender Studies Department.
Diana has taught many times on Healthy Relationships, Domestic Violence, and Consent to young men who are NCAA student-athletes and to fraternities, such as at Borough Manhattan Community College.
Diana’s consent-oriented campus teachings have included:
- Yes Means Yes: Affirmative Consent
- Bystander Intervention
- Toxic Relationships: Recognizing Warning Signs
- Safer Parties: Sexual Assault Prevention, Alcohol Abuse Prevention
- Sexual Harassment
- Communication Skills to Transform Conflict into Understanding
- Healthy Relationships
- Physical Self-Defense (Diana is formerly a nationally-ranked martial artist!)
- Domestic Violence Awareness & Healthy Relationships
Diana has been a trauma-informed advocate for sexual assault and intimate partner violence survivors for 20 years, and an outspoken survivor 20 years before MeToo.
- Diana has been a trained rape and domestic violence counselor since 2002.
- Served on the NYC Mayor's Office Task Force on Domestic Violence.
- Diana served on the NYC Bar Association's Women & Law Committee producing programming on DV and law.
- Taught on domestic violence widely, including at Yale College, Harvard Law School, and to other attorneys via the NYS Bar Association and other Continuing Legal Education classes for lawyers.
- Diana was Staff Attorney & Pro Bono Coordinator at the Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, managing primarily a docket of DV family court cases for low-income women in Brooklyn.
- Diana won a landmark ruling in the 3rd Dept of NY in 2003 to extend exception to equitable distribution of marital property in divorce from attempted murder to domestic violence and marital rape, so that a victim can be awarded ALL property in a divorce.
- Diana conducts safety planning and helps survivors regain their life, their freedom, and their power through coaching and other support.
To inquire about booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org